Web privacy is the privacy and security level of personal data published via the Internet. It refers to a variety of factors, techniques and technologies used to protect sensitive and private data, communications, and preferences.
Web privacy is a subset of data privacy. Privacy means sharing of large scale computer data and information from beginning. So, that user not fully secure about personal privacy on the web. Web browsing habits are tracked via cookies, search engines routinely change their privacy policies, and there are always challenges to Web privacy by both private and public organizations.
Some common sense tips that can help you guard your Web privacy and stay safe online.
- Avoid Unnecessary Forms.
- Log out of search engines.
- Clean Search History.
- Use caution when using social media.
- Protect Computer system.
- Monitor online reputation.
- Browse in incognito or private mode.
- Use a virtual private network.
- Use quality antivirus software.